The Australian Army Museum of Western Australia is planning some exciting and innovative events for 2021. Further details will be advised at such time as the planning has been finalised.
Proposed events include the following:-
- A night at the Museum in April 2021. Highlights will include soldiers in period uniforms; WW2 Movietone newsreels; Museum tours; Military materiel lit up and on display. Volunteers will be able to explain the origins of each exhibit. In addition there will be WW1 and WW2 display boxes from the Australian War Memorial. This will be a unique experience suitable for all attendees.
- VE-Day 2021. Commemorating the 76th anniversary of the end of WW2 in Europe. Still in early planning stages but shaping up to be another stellar event for all attendees. This will be on May 08th, 2021.
- VP-Day 2021. Commemorating the 76th anniversary of the end of WW2 in the Pacific. August 15th, 2021.
- Visit your local Army Museum Family Day. This is tentatively scheduled for September 2021 and should be another informative day for all.
- Remembrance Day 2021. Bugler to play Last Post and Reveille. There will be soldiers in period uniforms and the recitation of the Ode.
As already mentioned this series of events are still in the planning stages and more details will be supplied as they are finalised. Many of the planned events are ambitious, innovative and the first time our Museum has attempted them. as with our Sunset Concerts we anticipate these new events will prove just as popular, successful and enjoyable.
So please remember **Watch This Space**